The journey by train from Hyderabad to Kolkata is scheduled to take between 26 hours 00 minutes and 30 hours 20 minutes depending upon which train you take. The distance travelled by train to get from Hyderabad to Kolkata via the shortest route is 1,532 km.
Train Times to Kolkata
There are 6 train services from Hyderabad arriving into three different railway stations in Kolkata.
- There are 2 train services from Secunderabad Junction Railway Station (SC) to Kolkata Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH).
|Train||Secunderabad Jn||Kolkata HWH||Operating Days|
|12513||07:30||10:55 +1 day||Su|
|12704||15:55||17:55 +1 day||M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su|
- There are 2 train services from Secunderabad Junction Railway Station (SC) to Kolkata Shalimar Railway Station (SHM).
|Train||Secunderabad Jn||Kolkata SHM||Operating Days|
|22850||05:40||09:05 +1 day||F|
|12774||05:40||09:05 +1 day||Tu|
- There is 1 train service from Hyderabad Deccan Nampally Railway Station (NYB) to Kolkata Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH).
|Train||Hyderabad NYB||Kolkata HWH||Operating Days|
|18646||09:50||16:10 +1 day||M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su|
- There is 1 train service from Secunderabad Junction Railway Station (SC) to Kolkata Andul Railway Station (ADL).
|Train||Secunderabad JN||Kolkata ADL||Operating Days|
- Fastest Train: The fastest train from Hyderabad to Kolkata is the Falaknuma Express (PT) (Train #12704) departing at 15:55 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Slowest Train: The slowest train from Hyderabad to Kolkata is the East Coast Express (PT) (Train #18646) departing at 09:50 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Buy Tickets to Kolkata
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Hyderabad to Kolkata.
Location of Secunderabad Junction Station
Secunderabad Junction Railway Station is 10.4 km by road from the Salar Jung Museum in Hyderabad.
Location of Hyderabad Deccan Nampally Station
Hyderabad Deccan Nampally Railway Station is 3.9 km by road from Salar Jung Museum in Hyderabad.
Location of Kolkata Howrah Junction Station
Kolkata Howrah Junction Railway Station is 4.4 km by road from the Shree Shyam Mandir Ghusuridham.
Location of Kolkata Shalimar Station
Kolkata Shalimar Railway Station is 9.0 km by road from Shree Shyam Mandir Ghusuridham.
Location of Kolkata Andul Station
Kolkata Andul Railway Station is 17.9 km by road from Shree Shyam Mandir Ghusuridham.
About the Durga Puja Festival
The Durga Puja Festival happens in October each year and is the biggest annual festival which takes place in city of Kolkata (formerly known as Calcutta). The Durga Puja is a Hindu religious festival celebrating the battle between the Goddess Durga and the demon Mahishasura. In Hindu theology Durga is the wife of Shiva and the mother of a number of other Hindu deities.
The Durga Puja Festival is a riot of colour, music and dance which takes over the street of the city over a 5 day period, with festivities continuing for a further 5 days in a lesser scale. Street stalls, particularly food vendors, pop up everywhere around the route where the procession of statues of Durga and other Hindi deities are carried through the streets. During the Durga Puja Festival Kolkata becomes very busy, hotels fill up quickly as do trains in and out of the city. If you plan to visit Kolkata in October be sure to check when the festival is on and to book your hotels and travel a long way in advance to avoid disappointment.