By train the journey from Ajmer to Jodhpur is scheduled to take from 4 hours 15 minutes to 5 hours 20 minutes depending upon which train service you take. Via the shortest route the distance travelled by train from Ajmer to Jodhpur is 244 km.
Train Times from Ajmer to Jodhpur
There are currently 3 trains from Ajmer to Jodhpur.
- Train times from Ajmer Junction Railway Station (AII) to Jodhpur Junction Railway Station (JU).
|Train||Ajmer (AII)||Jodhpur (JU)||Operating Days|
Buy Tickets from Ajmer to Jodhpur
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Ajmer to Jodhpur.
Location of Ajmer Junction Railway Station
Ajmer Junction Railway Station is 1.3 km by road from the Nasiyan Digamber Jain Temple.
Location of Jodhpur Junction Railway Station
Jodhpur Junction Railway Station is 6.1 km by road from the Mehrangarh Museum and Trust.
About Travel to Jodhpur
With over 1,5 million permanent residents, Jodhpur is the second largest city in the state of Rajasthan. Jodhpur, which is located just on the edge of the arid Thar desert, was founded in the middle of the 15th Century as the new capital of the ancient state of Marwar. The centre point of this new city was the massive Mehrangarh Fort built on a sheer sided 125 metre high high that overlooks the modern city. The Mehrangarh Fort covers an area of around 5 square kilometres and is surrounded by a 36 metre high wall. In modern times the fort has become a major tourist attraction and contains numerous palaces and temples, as well more modern commercial operations like shops and restaurants. The five major points of interest within the fort are the Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Hall), Chamunda Mataji Temple, Moti Mahal (Pearl Hall), Phool Mahal (Flower Hall), and the Zenana Deodi (akin to an ancient middle eastern hareem)
Beyond the Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpur has numerous other popular tourist attractions including:
- Mandore: Located 7 km from Jodphur, Mandore is the site of the previous capital city and features small temples and numerous gardens.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace: Huge 20th Century palace where the curent ancestral ruler lives. Parts of the palace are open to the pubic including an inexpensive musuem and a very expensive hotel and restaurant.
- Jaswant Thada: Located near the Mehrangarh Fort, the Jaswant Thada is an impressive marble memorial building dedicated to a famous former ruler.
- Khejarla Fort: Red standstone fort built in the 16th Century and locted around 85 km from Jodhpur itself.