By train the journey from Bhopal to Jodhpur is scheduled to take from 17 to 26 hours depending upon which train you take. Via the shortest route the distance travelled by train from Bhopal to Jodhpur is 992 km.
Train Times from Bhopal to Jodhpur
There are currently 5 train services from Bhopal Junction Railway Station (BPL) to Jodhpur Junction Railway Station (JU).
|Train||Bhopal (BPL)||Jodhpur (JU)||Operating Days|
|14814||16:55||18:50 + 1 day||M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su|
- Fastest Train: The fastest train from Bhophal Junction to Jodhpur is the Mannargudi – Bhagat ki Kothi SF Express (PT) (Train #22674) departing at 21:15 on Tuesdays.
- Slowest Train: The slowest train from Bhophal Junction to Jodhpur is the Bhopal – Jodhpur Express (Train #14814) departing at 16:55 every day of the week.
Buy Tickets from Bhopal to Jodhpur
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Bhopal to Jodhpur.
Location of Bhopal Junction Railway Station
Bhopal Junction Railway Station is 2.4 km by road from Bhopal Talkies Square.
Location of Jodhpur Junction Railway Station
Jodhpur Junction Railway Station is 6.1 km by road from the Mehrangarh Museum and Trust.
About Travel to Jodhpur
Jodhpur is Rajasthan’s second largest city and it’s located right on the edge of the Thar Desert. It gets hot in Jodhpur, cooling only slightly from the start of November through to the end of February each year, which is the nest time to visit. Jodhur is an historic city founded in the 15th Century. The city itself is built around the Mehrangarh Fort, the one time home of the rulers of the ancient kingdom of Marwar.
The Mehrangarh Fort is located on top of a steeped sided hill rising 125 metres above the flat plain upon which the modern city is located. Mehrangarh Fort is a massive structure covering around 5 square kilometres, and surrounded by a wall which is, in places, 36 metres tall. The ancestral rulers moved out of the fort to a new palace in the middle of the 20th Century, however, a large community of people still live within the fort which is open to tourists. Inside the fort are various temples and palaces you can visit, as well as shops and restaurants. Plan to spend the whole day at Mehrangarh Fort, including the feeding of hundreds of kites at around 15:30 every day.
Beyond the Mehrangarh Fort, the other attractions in Jodhpur itself are less spectacular, although a camel trip in the Thar desert ranks as one of India’s great travel experiences. The markets and restaurants of Jodhpur are thriving and the local specialities, such as the Jodhpur style thali, are noteworthy. In terms of other places to visit in Jodhpur we recommend:
- The Umaid Bhawan Palace, which is the current residence of the former royal family. This hill top palace is partly open to the public.
- The Jaswant Thada, which a marble memorial building to a former located near the Mehrangarh Fort.
- The former capital of Mandore, which located 7 km by road from Jodhpur.