The journey by train from Delhi to Gorakhpur is scheduled to take from 11 to 17 hours depending upon which train you take. The distance travelled via the shortest route is 716 km.
Train Times from Delhi to Gorakhpur
There are a total of 22 trains operating from Delhi to Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station (GKP).
- 7 of these trains depart from New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS):
|Train||Delhi (NDLS)||Gorakhpur (GKP)||Operating Days|
- 5 of these train depart from Old Delhi Junction Railway Station (DLI).
|Train||Delhi (DLI)||Gorakhpur (GKP)||Operating Days|
- 11 of these train depart from Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (ANVT).
|Train||Delhi (ANVT)||Gorakhpur (GKP)||Operating Days|
- Fastest Train: The fastest train from Delhi to Gorakhpur is Train #22412 (Arunachal AC SF Express) which is scheduled to complete the journey in 11 hours 20 minutes.
- Slowest Train: The slowest train from Delhi to Gorakhpur is Train #15274 (Satyagraha Express) which is scheduled to complete the journey in 16 hours 50 minutes.
Buy Tickets from Delhi to Gorakhpur
Use the Search Form below to buy your train tickets from Delhi to Gorakhpur.
Location of New Delhi Railway Station
New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) is located 1.3 km from Connaught Place.
Location of Old Delhi Junction Railway Station
Old Delhi Junction Railway Station (DLI) is 4.8 km from Connaught Place.
Location of Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station
Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station (ANVT) is 13.5 km from Connaught Place.
Location of Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station
Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station (GKP) is 3.4 km by road from Vindhyavasini Park.
About Travel from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu
If are planning to travel overland from Delhi to Nepal then the best route to take is to first travel to Gorakhpur. Gorakphur is a large city with over 1 million permanent residents, but very little of interest for tourists. Gorakphur is, however, on an intercity railway line connected to Delhi and only 100 km from the main border crossing from India to Nepal at Sounali. There are several ways to travel from Gorakphur to Sounali, including bus, train and shared taxi. All these forms of transport depart from Gorakhpur Junction Railway Station. The fastest way to travel from Gorakphur to Sounali is by private car, which takes about 1 hour, the journey takes 2 hours by bus and 3 hours by train.
Once you cross the border at Sounali into Nepal it takes around 8 hours to travel either Pokhara and Kathmandu by bus. The nearest major bus station to the India/Nepal border at Sounali is in Bhairahawa, several kilometres away by road. You need to take a motor rickshaw to travel from the border to the bus station. Bus services to Kathmandu leave either early in the morning, before 11:00, or in the early evening after 17:00 through to around 20:00. The bus fare from Sounali to Kathmandu is 600 to 700 INR ($8 to $9 USD).
- India Trains Tip: A much simpler way to travel from Gorakhpur to Kathmandu is to book a taxi online. Booked online a private taxi from Gorakphur to Kathmandu costs around 11,000 INR ($145 USD). If you are travelling in a group of 2 more or people we suggest that you give some serious though to this option because its much quicker and more comfortable than using trains and public bus services.