The journey by train from Khajuraho to Udaipur is scheduled to take 21 hours 05 minutes to travel a distance of 1,092 km.
Train Times from Khajuraho to Udaipur
There is currently 1 train service from Khajuraho to Udaipur which operates 7 days a week.
- Train times from Khajuraho Junction Railway Station (KURJ) to Udaipur City Railway Station (UDZ).
Buy Tickets from Khajuraho to Udaipur
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Khajuraho to Udaipur.
Location of Khajuraho Junction Railway Station
Khajuraho Junction Railway Station is 7.3 km by road from the Chaturbhuj Temple.
Location of Udaipur City Railway Station
Udaipur City Railway Station is 1.4 km by road from Shri Manshapurna Karni Mata Temple.
About Travel to Udaipur
Udaipur is the most Southerly of the four most popular destinations in Rajasthan in Western India. Udaipur is also notably different to Jaipur, Jodphur and Jaisalmer in respect of the many lakes in the city.
Lakes of Udaipur
Udaipur has many lakes, although the city is generally considered to have 7 major lakes:
- Udaisagar Lake
- Badi Lake
- Swaroop Sagar Lake
- Jaisamand Lake
- Rajsamand Lake
- Doodh Talai
- Lake Pichola
- Fateh Sagar Lake
Of these 7 major lakes, the most famous is Lake Pichola which is the location of Udapur’s 3 most famous palaces and also Udaipur’s most exclusive hotels such as the Leela Palace Hotel. The Leela Palace Hotel is housed within a purpose built structure designed, both in style and size, the resemble one of the local palaces. It’s a great place to stay for those who can afford it.
Things to Do in Udaipur
Udaipur doesn’t have as greater range of places to visit as Rajasthan’s state capital, Jaipur, but it have some unique attractions that make it worth visiting:
- City Palace: City Palace is a lakeside building constructed on the edge of Lake Pichola in the 16th Century as the main residence of the local royal family. The family now longer has any official role in the region’s government but they have retained ownership of City Palace which they have opened up to fee paying visitors, along with a luxury hotel which occupies part of the palace.
- Lake Palace: This palace is located on a man made island in Lake Pichola. Lake Palace is internationally famous as it was the setting for parts of the James Bond film Octopussy. Lake Palace has been turned into a luxury hotel called the Taj Palace Hotel. Visitors can see the palace from the outside only. Seeing the inside is reserved for hotel guests.
- Jag Mandir: The Jag Mandir is the second palace on a man made island in Lake Pichola. The Jag Mandir was constructed over a period of around 100 years from the middle of the 16th Century to the middle of the 17th Century.
- Saheliyon-ki-Bari: The Saheliyon-ki-Bari is a formal garden known as the ‘Garden of the Maidens’. Saheliyon-ki-Bari was established in the 18th century and is one of two major gardens in Udaipur.
- Gulab Bagh and Bird Park: Gulab Bagh and Bird Park is the second of the two major parks in Udaipur. Opened the public in 1884, Gulab Bagh and Bird Park is Rajasthan’s largest public gardens.