The journey by train from Mumbai to Coimbatore is scheduled to take between 22 hours 47 minutes and 32 hours 25 minutes depending upon which train you take. The distance travelled via the shortest route is 1,293 km.
Train Times to Hyderabad
There are 4 train services from 3 different railway stations in Mumbai all arriving in Coimbatore at Coimbatore Junction Railway Station.
- There are 2 train services from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus in Mumbai (CSMT) to Coimbatore Junction Railway Station (CBE).
|Train||Mumbai (CSMT)||Coimbatore (CBE)||Operating Days|
|16331||12:10||18:37 + 1 day||M|
|16381||15:35||23:27 + 1 day||M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su|
- There is 1 train service from Lokmanya Tilak Terminus in Mumbai (LTT) to Coimbatore Junction Railway Station (CBE).
|Train||Mumbai (LTT)||Coimbatore (CBE)||Operating Days|
|11013||22:35||07:00 + 1 day||M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su|
- There is 1 train service from Dadar Central Railway Station in Mumbai (DR) to Coimbatore Junction Railway Station (CBE).
|Train||Mumbai (DR)||Coimbatore (CBE)||Operating Days|
- Fastest Train: The fastest train from Mumbai to Coimbatore is the Dadar – Tirunelveli SF Express (via Konkan) (PT) (Train #22629) departing at 20:40 on Thursdays.
- Slowest Train: The slowest train from Mumbai to Coimbatore is the Mumbai LTT – Coimbatore (Kurla) Express (PT) (Train #11013) departing at 22:35 on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Buy Tickets to Coimbatore
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Mumbai to Coimbatore.
Location of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus is 4.0 km by road from Chowpatty Beach.
Location of Lokmanya Tilak Terminus
Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Railway Station is 22.2 km by road from Chowpatty Beach.
Location of Mumbai Dadar Central Railway Station
Dadar Central Railway Station is 10 km by road from Chowpatty Beach.
Location of Coimbatore Junction Railway Station
Coimbatore Junction Railway Station is 7.9 km by road from the Adiyogi Shiva statue.
About Travel to Coimbatore
With a population of over 2 million permanent residents, Coimbatore is the second largest city in Tamil Nadi state after Chennai. Coimbatore doesn’t attract a large number of foreign visitors and has a well earned reputation as an industrial centre with a thriving textile industry. Coimbatore is, however, surrounded by some fantastic scenery and has a notable more recently constructed attraction, the Adiyogi Shiva Statue, a short distance from the city centre. The Adiyogi Shiva Statue is the world’s largest bust sculpture. The Adiyogi Shiva Statue is made from 500 tonnes of steel and is 34.3 metres tall and 45 metres wide. For Hindus the Lord Shiva is the originator of the ancient exercise of yoga and the statue is dedicated to that aspect of the Lord Shiva.
Coimbatore is a travel hub for visitors to some of India’s best hill stations. In particular Coonoor, 68 km from Coimbatore, and Ooty, which is 85 km from Coimbatore. Coimbatore is also a short distance, 35 km, from the beautiful Vydehi water falls, and from the Kovai Kutralam Falls, which are 37 km from Coimbatore city. Hiring a car and driver from Coimbatore is recommended as you need to be mobile to make the most of a visit to Coimbatore.